Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Rancho Notso Grande

Today's activity was a fun morning of berry picking! However, upon arrival at Rancho Notso Grande in Hanford, CA I opened my van door to this: a flat tire!! BUST! Now...it might not look so flat in this pic...and it wasn't FLAT to the ground...but it was definitely headed that direction! And with 3 kids in tow I wasn't about to take any chances. Thank God for AAA! I called and someone showed up within 30 minutes to put the spare on for me. And thanks to Dwight Hofer for staying with my car so we could get on with our picking!
(I won't mention the state of my backseat when I returned, however. Wasn't so impressed with the tow man's abilities...not to mention he kept insisting the tire was under the car...not on the side, where it was. I had to show him in the manual for him to believe me! But enough about that!)
Here is our MOPS (mothers of preschoolers) group getting instructions about what to do. We had quite a group!



Here's me and Ethan picking blueberries. Alia took this picture, pretty good, huh?



We brought home a small bag of blackberries. YUMMY!





No comments: