Thursday, June 10, 2010

A moment in time

Last week when I was at Michaels I noticed that all of the stone kits were on sale (I think they still are, too!)...I've always wanted to make these of my kids...and so I decided that it would be a good summer project for the kids. :) This is the kit I got.
Notice me mixing the cement in an Easter bucket!? :) That's the best I could find and it worked perfectly! It wasn't too big to pour. Please disregard the mess you see in these pictures...the cleaning lady hasn't been to our house in a while. HA! cleaning lady...that's a good one!


Then you get to smooth out the wet cement...creating a good surface to work with.


Our kits came with stars and moons to put into the cement. I also found some clearance pieces of smoothed glass and let the big kids sprinkle it where they wanted-keeping the center clear for their hands.





No comments: