Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Flower picking.

This morning, before breakfast, Elijah and I had a special task to complete! One of Elijah's preschool teachers, Miss Monica AND my good friend Joy both had birthday's today! So first thing this morning we walked amongst the dew on the grass and picked some special birthday flowers!
Elijah kept telling me how pretty the flowers were. He has such a soft heart. I have been seeing more and more of his tender heart recently. I'm thankful that my eyes have been opened enough to see these special moments. I can't wait until he gets to bring his wife flowers like these...I pray that they would warm her heart as much as this picture warms mine!


We put all of our flowers into a basket. I just love the look of freshly picked flowers in a basket. It brings a smile to my face.



Here are our birthday bouquets! After I put the flowers in the jars (I keep a variety of used condiment jars just for an occasion like this!) I remembered that I have a stash of unused candles. Some of them I bought years ago in Chicago..and I still haven't used them all! I reuse candles, maybe that's way. And maybe it's because I LOVE candles :) So I collect them. You choose. At any rate...I have some extra candles. So I took them and slide them into the water on the sides of the jars. The candles will probably be unusable, but I thought they made a cute addition to our Birthday bouquets! Now I just have to find some ribbon with cupcakes on it! Anyone?


Happy birthday Miss Monica and Joy!!!






2 comments:

Baezamama said...

I really do think we were separated at birth!

Heather said...

What a sweet way to start the day!