Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Tuh-Mater

A while back I came across a website that has become one of my favorite places for great cupcake/treat ideas! Her name is Bakerella and you can find her here. The post I instantly knew I wanted to make someday was of CARS' Mater made of cupcakes and things. See her Mater post HERE.

Anyways...I decided that this week was the week we were going to make them! I've been watching Cupcake Wars on Food Network which helped to motivate me. On Sunday afternoon and night I tried out two recipes for cupcakes made from scratch (they were pretty good!!!)...so I had cupcakes in the house that needed to be used!
And so...today we made Maters! The kids had a blast and were so excited to see the cupcakes become Mater.

Here is what is used to make him. Nothing out of the ordinary, eh?



And here's Mater!!!!!!!!!!!! He's a bit rough looking...but not too bad for the first time! Next time I would try to make the frosting smoother. And I'd make an attempt to get white headlights...I don't really like the yellow.







The kids devoured our Mater in minutes! He was yummy!!!
Here's the poor little guy that was eaten up. :)

The proud baker's helpers!
(I was so nervous to have Ethan hold his Mater..but Alia did a good job hiding her hand so Ethan didn't know she was helping him) :)






1 comment:

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

So Cute! I'll definitely be visiting bakerella's website, looks yummy!