Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back-To-School bonanza!

I can't believe school starts next week! When I was growing up we always started school after Labor Day...then in college it wasn't until OCTOBER! So...to have school start so early is crazy! :) But I'm looking forward to starting a routine and my kids are looking forward to meeting new friends! I'm so blessed that they love to go to school!! I pray that their love of learning continues as they grow up.
I was looking online for some back-to-school ideas and found a Back-to-School Survival Kit. I thought this would be a fun thing for the kids to do.
Here they are assembling their kits!

Here's a picture of the tag that goes with the kit. I had to retype it...but I'll paste the words below so you don't have to if you are interested in making these kits.
**okay, so it wouldn't let me copy and paste the words...so if you need them leave a comment w/ your email and I'll email it to you. you can also click on the picture to enlarge the picture. the items in the bag coordinates with the colored words in the note.

Here are the finished Survival Kits!!! They are all tied up and ready to be delivered! We're leaving for a few days so the estimated day of delivery will be sometime next week!





I had a hunch the other day to make some Rice Crispy Treats! So...I did. And then I perked them up a bit! I melted some candy melts (my favorite!!!) and made the squiggles on the treats. Then sprinkled them with sprinkles! I then let the treats sit out for a bit so the chocolate cold harden.
I LOVE to make treats and bake...but don't love to have the stuff hanging around our house. So I always try to figure out a way we can bless others with the fun things we put together. Alia had her last day of her Little Gym FLIPS class so I put together little baggies with a rice crispy treat in it! I tied them off with a cute school ribbon! All the girls loved them!





This is another fun and EASY decoration idea that my friend Jaime called to my attention. The idea originated from One Charming Party. After I saw this idea on my FB wall...I quickly put it together. We have flowers in our garden and the magnetic letters were buried in our cabinet...because they are the perfect size for Ethan's mouth! :) Even if you aren't having a party...it's a fun thing to do at home to get the kids excited for school!









2 comments:

Baezamama said...

WOW I love everything!!! Those survival kits are the cutest things ever!

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

Those are all such fun ideas, I especially like the cute letters in the jar! I took a look at the Bakerella site you posted after you made Tow-Mater and I found a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. It looked and sounded delicious so I made it for our weekly staff gathering at our house last Sunday. I made four pies and it was a HUGE hit! I also used the recipe as my "new" recipe of the week! Thanks Trish!