Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can you hear me now?

Last month, when Alia went to her annual physical her hearing test showed that her left ear wasn't hearing as it should. So, Dr. Kingsford referred her to see Dr. Calloway-an ENT. This morning was Alia's appointment. With the kids being sick for the past month or so I didn't want to ask Jason to watch the boys...and so we all got ready and headed out to the Dr. office. I sure have come a long way...not worrying too much about taking my three kids to a Dr. appointment :) When I bring them all I always bring Ethan in his stroller and I bring water bottles and snacks...preferable ones that won't be too crumbly. And we're usually good. While we sit in the waiting room we play "I Spy" and today I played a game I call "Before/After". I ask Alia or Elijah what letter/number comes before or after another. For example, "What letter comes after Q?" The kids had a good time with this game.


We followed the nurse to a room, but first had to walk past this sign. :) I chuckled...because I had to sit in the hall where this sign was with my two boys. With 2 boys, what is this "quiet" thing?



Do you see this door?? That's the soundproof room Alia went into to take her hearing test! Kind of creepy if you ask me. She was in there for about 7 minutes...the nurse sat in the chair on the right and did whatever she was doing. Alia wasn't the least bit scared.

And here is Alia...doesn't she look like a big girl!? We waited for a few minutes for Dr. Calloway to join us...again, playing "I Spy" and reading books...then we sang some songs (we're teaching Ethan the words and motions to Twinkle Twinkle and Itsy Bitsy Spider).
Once Dr Calloway came in he talked with me about her history with ear infections, congestion, allergies, tubes, etc. He was a very nice and gentle man. And he made us all laugh.
Then he showed me the hearing test...and she's well within the normal range! He did some a bit of scaring on her left ear drum...but said that he's very impressed that she's been doing so well since she had her tubes put in her ears when she was almost 2 years old.
So...a BIG sigh of relief for mommy...and a BIGGER thanks to Jesus!





1 comment:

Baezamama said...

yay Alia and Thank you Jesus!