Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Toddler Bed-Day 2: Disaster Redeemed

Well...naptime was in one word-a disaster. Elijah didn't fall asleep in the car...but when I took him out of the car he put his head on my shoulder. He was tired. So, I put him in his bed and the next hour was LONG. I basically picked him up ever 3-5 seconds and put him back in his bed-for the WHOLE hour! He didn't cry, he just thought it was a game, I guess. After an hour of this I was emotionally exhausted and physically exhausted. A pregnant women should not be bending and lifting as much as I did! So, I left the room and shut the door...and picked up the phone and called Jason in tears. Elijah cried in his room for about 20 minutes until we didn't hear from him again. He finally fell asleep, but I think he feel asleep on the floor by his toys. :)

Tonight was a whole different story. I read him books in his rocker and then put him in his bed for his last 2 night-time books and his songs. After his first song I decided that I should pray for him as he went to sleep. After that I sang his last song-Jesus Loves Me. His little eyes didn't leave my face for the songs and prayer. I kissed his forehead and left the room.

I haven't heard from him since! Yep! Right to sleep! He was probably so tired from this afternoons fiasco. :) But...thanks Jesus for answering my prayers because I couldn't have done what I did earlier again. Thus, disaster redeemed.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Quayle Covey Blog said...

Hooray! Glad you had a quiet evening- hope it stays that way.

Anonymous said...

Good job, mommy! You rock!

Love, Lea