Monday, July 07, 2008

Toddler Bed-Day 1


Well...today we decided we needed to "just do it". What, you ask? Well...we took the side off of Elijah's crib in hopes of getting him into a big boy bed by the end of summer. His crib turns into a toddler bed so we're starting with that. Once he figures that out, we'll get twin mattresses and start preparing the room for 2 boys!

So tonight was day 1. Jason did the normal bedtime routine of books and a song in the rocker, then put him down in the bed. About a minute later as I was standing outside the door, a little face appeared in the crack of the opened door. I must say it was pretty cute. I ended up standing at the door about 10 minutes as Elijah kept opening the door and upon seeing me he shut the door and ran back to the bed. After my 10 minutes of that, Jason stood there for about 5 minutes...then he put the door handle protector on the inside of the door. Boy, Elijah didn't like that. He screamed for a few minutes...then mommy decided it was too soon to use that tactic. :) So, daddy went into Elijah's room and turned into super nanny. He sat right by the door, looking at the wall...and every time Elijah came to him he put Elijah back in bed. Elijah cried a bit when he got put back to bed...but, after only a total of 40 minutes (this includes my standing at the door) he was fast asleep. So by 8pm we had a sleeping Little Mister.

So, in my opinion is wasn't too bad. I am a bit nervous about naptime tomorrow. And tomorrow night will be my turn to be super nanny. We're having a babysitter come on Thursday night so we'll see how things go. :)

We'd covet your prayers as we embark on the toddler crib journey. We are going to need patience...and LOTS of it! We are taking a trip to visit our friends in Sacramento at the end of the month, so I'd like him to be well adjusted by the time we leave. Is this too much to ask??? :)

On a different note...i went to Lowes today and got some samples of wall paint for the boys room. I found a twin quilt that I really like and it will be the "theme" for the room. Once Elijah gets a twin bed it will go on his bed. Click HERE to see the quilt. I think we're going to paint the walls a sandy color and the baby will hopefully get a dark blue crib bumper-a gingham one if I can find it. We might also paint one wall a moss green-to add "pop" to the room. Hopefully it'll turn out nice. And I'm sure Elijah will like it because he likes fishies and the quilt has fishies on it.

No comments: