Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Reverend Jason Backlund

Jason is now an ordained Reverend! We traveled to Wisconsin for the Covenant Church's annual meeting for all the churches within the denomination. We were quite nervous about this trip-as we had 3 planes to ride getting there and coming home...but our prayers were answered because the kids did GREAT! They were such troopers. We had a great time being together as a family. I was thoroughly blessed by spending some good time with a good friend from our time in Chicago. The kids had a fantastic time playing on the play structure and in the hotel kiddie pool...and with their new pal Quinn. We enjoyed seeing all of Jason's family-his parents were there most of the week...and everyone else came for the Ordination service. AND we were blessed and sent out during a beautiful Ordination service that Thursday night.


This is the only pic I have of the Ordination portion of our trip. I had to run out to pick up the kids from childcare...so I didn't get to take any more pictures. Everyone who was ordained received a Bible and was vested with a stole-the sash that Jason is wearing in this picture.

Alia, Quinn, and Elijah. The kids had so much fun playing with our friend's son, Quinn. They chased each other and laughed a TON! Alia tells me she still missed Quinn.

Our first day in Wisconsin I found out that my grandfather passed away. So once we returned we traveled out to Palm Desert to be with my family. It was a blessing spending time with Malnu, my parents, my brothers family, and all of the Skoglunds (my aunt/uncle/cousins). Here are all of the little cousins: Cayley, Elijah, Alia & Avery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats to Jason...you guys look great! I miss you so much. Gwen and I want to come for a visit sometime...we'll see what we can do :) Lea