Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The official update

I had a DR appt this afternoon. He had a lot to say...but also not much. :) Overall everything is looking good. I told him about my migraines the past few weeks and he was intrigued. He said that to get headaches this late in the pregnancy and NOT have it connected to high blood pressure was unusual. BUT, I CLEARLY haven't had any issues with my blood pressure so he's not too worried. He also made comment to my past two birth experiences because I've gotten a migraine within 5 minutes of the baby coming out. He hasn't ever seen that either...so I may just be an unusual case. (PLEASE NO COMMENTS) :) He did suggest that I take it easy and rest in the next few weeks-so as not to do anything to bring on a migraine. We'll see. I did walk this morning and it's starting to take me a little longer-mostly because my bones and pelvis hurts :) Maybe I'll keep walking, just not as long?
At any rate, the baby is doing fine. He has a strong heartbeat and he's still in the head down position. He hasn't dropped yet (boo hoo) so he is measuring a bit big. The DR said that he will check me next week to see where we're at (he usually doesn't check until the week of due date), since my labors have gone pretty fast. So, we're just waiting now.

4 comments:

Quayle Covey Blog said...

Hooray for healthy baby!

Kristi said...

Glad to hear that all is well. God is soooo good.:) I hope those yucky migraines go away...pronto!! We can't wait to see photos of new baby Backlund boy...decided on a name yet?

The Masons said...

You're looking fantastic! Any day now hopefully...just try to hold out for after Monday. ;) Nah, we can go see you at Kaweah Delta if we need to.

Anonymous said...

Glad to get caught up and see that I did not miss the big event! Now I will pray that the baby comes early! Hang in there, you are baking a healthy little guy!
Kristy