Thursday, July 15, 2010

Baby Hank!

One of my best friends, Tracy, is having a baby in August. It has been a long road for her and her hubby and my heart leaps for joy at the thought of them becoming parents! Their son is one lucky guy! I can't wait to get the privilege of watching them love their son and raise him!!
As Tracy was getting her Hank's nursery ready she asked me if I could make her some letters for the wall. She'd seen some in catalogs but hadn't ordered any yet. I have never made any, but figured I'd give it a try! The hardest part was finding paper that would work!! And after looking at Michael's and JoAnn's...I ended up using paper I had at home! Perfect!! I had a lot of fun making them. It didn't take too long and they are so cute! Not too girly either!
Here's a picture of then hanging on the wall in Hank's room! The baby's name is Henry Joseph. Henry is Tracy's grandfather's name...they will call him Hank. Joseph is Dan's dad's name. I love his name. It's perfect.
I didn't take a whole picture but Hank's room is the CUTEST most perfect baby room I've ever seen! Pottery Barn Kids worthy...without it being Pottery Barn. ;)
A close up of one of the letters. I used cardboard letters from JoAnn's and painted the edges and sides brown. I then traced the letters onto scrapbook paper and cut them out a little bit smaller than what I traced. I wanted a small edge around the paper. Once the brown paint was dry I simply glued the scrapbook paper on and embellished each letter with ribbon (of course!) and buttons. Then I hung a ribbon on each to hang it with!
Tracy's mom brought some vinyl wall decorations and they were perfect! We not so strategically placed the bubbles so they were peeking out from behind the letters.

A close up of the letters. Do you see those bubbles peeking out? ;)



We also used the letters as decorations for the baby shower this weekend.

I love you, baby Hank! And can't wait to meet you and snuggle you!!



1 comment:

Baezamama said...

super cute!