Sunday, July 11, 2010

Annual Checkups!

Last week I took my big kids to our Dr for the annual checkup! They were both a bit good listeners and it was a successful appt! I got to bring Ethan along with us. The room was pretty crowded! Our Dr has a new nurse...and while we sure miss nurse Karen (she has red hair, too), nurse Maria has been warm and caring to our kids. We saw her when Alia and Ethan were sick before we went to Kauai...so she's now familiar with our family.
Elijah turned 4 on May 31st. Here he is taking his hearing screening. They both did an eye test (both passed!) also. Elijah passed his hearing screening with flying colors!! He weighs 31 pounds and is 37 inches tall. When the Dr came in to see the kids he smiled and gently told me that the kids are height challenged. :) I didn't need a Dr to tell me that!! ;p



This was Alia's 6 year appt. After she passed her vision test with flying colors she moved onto her hearing screening. And, well...it didn't go so well. As the nurse pushed the beeps I could tell that something wasn't going right. She even checked the ear pieces to see if they were working. In short, Alia's left ear had some issues. It wasn't filled with wax or fluid (which they figured was the case) and so she will get to have a formal hearing test with an ENT in August.
I'm not sure what to make of it...we have noticed that she hasn't been hearing real well but just figured it was the normal "child choosing not to listen" syndrome :) So I guess we'll see. I'm trying my hardest not to worry too much. God is good and will take care of her. But sometimes my mind loses sight of that. Please pray for her if you think about it. we'd appreciate it.
Alia's stats: 42 pounds and 42 inches high.




1 comment:

Jani said...

Trish, we have to chat--Bailey has been having this exact same problem! She had fluid in her ear for a few months and her hearing went waaay down. It seems to be getting better lately, though, as her allergies have cleared up. I'll keep Alia in my prayers. :)