Sunday, May 23, 2010

The last MOPS

This week we had our last MOPS meeting. It has been an amazing year full of joy, laughter and tears...encouragement, truth, and challenge! I am going to miss being with all the ladies I've been blessed to be with this year. BUT am also SOOOOO excited to see what God has in store for us next year. I will, again, be the creative activities coordinator and can't wait to come up with some fun ideas! If anyone has any suggestions, pass them my way! I need them. :)
For our last MOPS we decided to prep a meal for each mom to make DURING mops and bring it home to cook it! Imagine, a dinner made BEFORE 11am! fabulous! So...after cooking and shredding over 100 pounds of chicken, cutting up who knows how much green onions and prepping everything else everyone went home with an 8 chicken enchilada dish! It was great! Well worth all of the effort!
This is the table of ladies I was blessed to sit with every week (well, when I didn't have a craft to manage). I love these girls!
Hard at work making her dinner!



Look honey! I am actually making a dinner! :) AND my hands are messy!


This was the beginning of the assembly line. Each mom grabbed a bag of chicken and dumped cheese, sauce, green onions and sour cream into it. Then they mixed it up and that was the inside of their enchiladas.



This was the end of the assembly line. See all those green onions?
Yeah...I chopped them all...by hand. :)
Until next year!! Stay tuned for more ideas!





No comments: