I've been thinking about aking jam for a few years and this year was the year! I was supposed to make it yesterday, but ended up in bed with a migraine. So I tackled the strawberries after church! It was so quick and easy...I was shocked. I'm really excited to taste it.
I used the Sure-Jell freezer recipe. This seemed fairly easy so I figured I'd try that first.

The hulled strawberries. I used my little Pampered Chef strawberry huller.
The hulled strawberries. I used my little Pampered Chef strawberry huller.
Mash, mash, mash.

After adding the sugar (I decided not to show you how much sugar went in) and pectin...TA DA!!! Here's the final results. AND I have so many strawberries left that I need to go get more jars and pectin. But the next time I make them-Monday or Tuesday- I am going to have the kiddos help me. Elijah was especially bummed that he didn't help me. He's a little helper in the kitchen. Maybe he'll be the next Emeril! haha.
After adding the sugar (I decided not to show you how much sugar went in) and pectin...TA DA!!! Here's the final results. AND I have so many strawberries left that I need to go get more jars and pectin. But the next time I make them-Monday or Tuesday- I am going to have the kiddos help me. Elijah was especially bummed that he didn't help me. He's a little helper in the kitchen. Maybe he'll be the next Emeril! haha.




No comments:
Post a Comment