Hooray! Today marked the beginning of a new MOPS (Mothers Of Preschoolers) year! There was so much excitement in the room...it was so fun! MOPS always officially breaks for the summer so it's been almost three months since we were all together...a long time in mommy world!
This year I am, again, the Creative Activities Coordinator. I get to come up with and execute one "creative activity" a month! Most of our moms look forward to these days! I love to see the joy on their faces as they leave with a completed project! It's not every day that us mommies get to be creative and actually complete a project! Yippee for completed projects! :) We have some great activities planned this year! I hope to post them all as we do them.
The past few years we've always done a make and take meal on our first meeting. Our moms LOVE this...who wouldn't love to have dinner made by 11am!?! Last year we made two meals-pasta & sausage bake and chicken enchiladas (now known as MOPSadillas).
This year I had another idea...pizza!! My in ital plan was to purchase everything (which is totally normal) but then I had a better plan...see if someone would do the work for me! We have a GREAT Take and Bake Pizza place called Trader's Pizza. It's super yummy!! So...what did I have to lose? Nothin'! They gave us a GREAT deal on all the fixin's to make 90 pizzas! It was a HIT! Thanks so much, Trader's Pizza, for making our MOPS moms and their families so happy!
Here was the spread! We started with the unbaked crusts (or, skins, in pizza world) then followed the assembly line down the table.
Sauce and cheese comes next!

Then the toppings! We had sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon and olives!
Then the toppings! We had sausage, pepperoni, Canadian bacon and olives!
Trader's doesn't normally put their Take and Bake pizzas into boxes. They usually cover and seal them with plastic wrap. But the owner graciously tossed in boxes for us!!

Our little chefs in action! Look at all the great wives making dinner! :)
Hmm...pepperoni? sausage? Canadian bacon?
All of our moms are separated into table groups. We started with 12 tables this year and ended up having about 95 moms come! I call up the moms by table groups...but apparently I was going to quickly because we ended up with quite the line. :) But the waiting was worth it!




1 comment:
Awesome! So much fun and so creative. Good work friend!
Post a Comment