Sunday, April 27, 2008

Poor Little Mister!

The past few days Elijah has been sick. He had a little fever on Wednesday afternoon...but Thursday he seemed just fine. Well...Friday he had a fever again and would cry every time we put him down. Friday morning he fell asleep on my chest about 45 min after he woke up (he doesn't EVER do that anymore). I then layed him on the couch and he slept for a total of almost 2 hours! He then took another 3 hour nap in the afternoon. He did this again on Saturday, too. When he wasn't napping he was in our arms, holding on for dear life, it seemed. He would just sit there and stare into space...obviously not well.
Saturday morning he woke up with a 103 temp so I decided enough was enough...and took him to the Dr. It turns out he has an ear infection, an inflamed throat, and some bronchial issues. Man...poor little guy. He' now on antibiotics which is helping him feel better.
This morning he woke up without a fever (yeah!) and was up an about chatting and moving...not as fast as normal, though. I stayed home with him from church so he wouldn't infect other kiddos. At some point this morning I took a shower and he played right in front of the shower door...and by the end of my shower he was laying on top of my clothe on the ground...I knew he was ready for a nap! So I gave him a little snack and he was off to be...where he slept another 3.5 hours! (not to mention mommy sleeping for 2 of them!)
So...he's still not back to normal...but he's getting there. I must say that I did enjoy the quiet moments of snuggling with him. Those are few and far between these days.


Here's Elijah this afternoon...after his nap. He's trying to smile, but it clearly is taking a lot of energy. Oh...by the way...I know, he needs a hair cute, but doesn't he look like such a big boy!?


Here is the image you would have seen if you had been in our house at any point this weekend. The blanket i his special blankie that he loves and he also has a stuffed lion that is his lovie...I'm not sure you can see it in this picture, though.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh-no, poor boy! I'm glad he's on the mend.