Saturday, October 02, 2010

Fall Project!

A friend and I are attempting a girls "craft group". :) The idea is to meet once a month and do a project together! Last night was our first night...and it was a TON of fun! I was so bummed because I forgot my camera...so I didn't get any pics of the actual process and event. Next month I'll be SURE to bring my camera so you can see us silly mamas.
Our first project was something called Subway Art. It's all over the blogging world! I LOVE this fall board! It was a bit strenuous because each letter was put on one by one but the finished product was well worth it, I think! :)
These three flowers were made out of a strip of fabric. We twisted it and rolled it...and ta da! A cute little fall flower! Click HERE for the link on how to make the rolled flowers!

All of the words on the board are words associated with fall! It was funny to sit together and think of more fall words...some good, and, well...some that aren't so good. :) The letters were all cute out of vinyl sheets on a Cricut machine. Then we took some wire and thread it through, curled it with a pencil and added some extra fabric at the top!


I made a second one for a friend who couldn't stay too long...and she chose a red board! I love how the red pops!

...and CLICK HERE for a complete tutorial on how to make Subway Art.



The host sent us home (at midnight!!) with these little treats!! Chocolate dipped oreos! YUM-O!

And here's my little helper :) Just a cute picture:)




1 comment:

Baezamama said...

LOVE them!!!