Sunday, October 31, 2010

Caramel Apples!

I've been really excited the past few nights about making caramel apples! I've never made them...and because my mind is "special" I kept thinking about what toppings I'd put on them and how they would look. Then Saturday came and I made them!! Although it felt a tad time consuming (I think I made 24!) I had a TON of fun...and am pretty happy with the results!!!


I decided to just use the prepackaged caramel squares. Maybe next year I'll make my own...maybe. =) I filled up the glass bowl (about 4 cups) with caramel and poured in about 3-4 tablespoons of milk. Tossed it in the microwave for 3 minutes and wa-la! It was ready...I just had to mix it up!


Here are some of my little helpers...Elijah helped me unwrap the caramels on the first batch of apples...and the rest of the family jumped on the bandwagon for the second batch (or...maybe I asked them to help me...my memory is faded) ;)






Some of my toppings! I had butterscotch chips, crushed oreos, all kinds of sprinkles, nuts, candy melts, candy corn and reeses pieces. oh! and my favorite...crushed heath bar.




Here are the sticked apples...waiting patiently in line for their turn in the caramel dunk tank!




And now they are cooling in the fridge after being dunked. I put them in the fridge right after I dipped them so the caramel would harden a bit before I added the extra yumminess to them.





This is a Mickey Mouse caramel apple. I didn't finish it...but he was SUPER yummy!




All wrapped up and ready to be given away!!






For some reason I think this one might be my favorite. It isn't fancy or anything, but I think this little ghost is super cute. :)




YUMMY!!!! There were so many varieties!!!













1 comment:

Amy Whotson said...

It looks like you had a blast! So cute you are Trish!!