Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Birthday Party

On June 9th we had a birthday party for Alia and Elijah. It was a castle party, so all the little boys got prince crowns and the little girls got princess tiaras. The kids had lots of fun playing in the back yard, eating yummy mexican food, opening presents, and, of course, eating cake!



Here's a picture of some of the decorations.


The craft table-there were swords and wands for the kids to decorate with markers, stickers, glitter glue, and some other fun things.


Here are the cakes. Since Elijah is only 1, I decided to let Alia chose the color for the cake...and of course, she chose pink...or more appropriately "princess pink". I saw a picture of this cake online and knew I could make it. I think it turned out pretty neat, and it was fun to make. Plus, it was yummy. I also made Elijah his own little blue star cake-that way he could eat it to his heart's content...which he did.

2 comments:

Quayle Covey Blog said...

You are such a good Mommy! What an awesome cake and fun party. Alia will remember that special party for sure! I'm sad we missed it. We'll RSVP now for next year. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, those cake decorating classes at Michael's have paid off! The cake is VERY cool!