Well, I joined Weight Watchers.
I'll say it again, I joined Weight Watchers. Even though I weighed 5 pounds less than I was before I got pregnant with Elijah...I was no where near where I want to be (let alone where I was before I had Alia!).
After Christmas Jason and I started a "biggest loser" contest with some people (you know who you are). We have until mid-June to weight in. Whoever loses the most body fat, wins.
A month went by and nothing had really changed for me-I wasn't doing all that much to change things :) Then, I went on a little trip with a few of my girlfriends (oh...what a great girls trip that was!) and found out one of them had lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks doing weight watchers. So, I was inspired. And I joined. And it's been so encouraging! It's been 6 weeks now and I've lost 12 pounds! Can you believe it? It hasn't been easy, but I've done it. I have also started exercising again. We bought an elliptical machine and I try my best to use it for 15 minutes in the morning, and another 30 minutes after the kiddos go to bed.
Anyways...while I was at my last WW meeting we were talking about believing in ourselves that we CAN lose the weight we want to. Our leader had us think back to some other aspects of our lives where we have achieved success. I immediately thought back to my time with InterVarsity and the challenge of public speaking. I was so afraid to get up in front of the 120 college students and bring God's Word to them. Yet, despite this fear, with God's power, and some great people walking me through it (thanks Rob, Ruth and my old staff team!) I did it-and it wasn't that bad!
I began thinking about that experience and how it relates to me losing weight. How silly it is that it seems so much harder for me to lose weight than it was for me to preach.
And so, I am encouraged once more...to step out of my comfort zone and make changes. Do things I wouldn't normally do, and watch God work.
So, feel free to ask me how it's going! I do not want to hide this part of my life...for when I hide it it isn't "real" and shame seems to find it's way. I want you to ask...and hopefully I will have even more achievement to share with you.
But, watch out...it's contagious.
Friday, March 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Awesome, Trishy! You go girl!! It's all about whole wheat and splenda...I've lost my weight doing what you're doing, so keep at it--win that contest!
go trish, go! I, too, plan on losing weight (after the baby of course) but it will be nice to maybe get down to my college weight? We will see...:) All things are possible thru Him!
Trish you are inspiring! I am attempting to get back to a pre prego weight with a new gym membership and better eating habits. It's not easy, but it helps to know that others are making positive steps in that direction. The truth is it's all about discipline and treating our bodies as gifts from God to be honored. I just need to remember that when I go for the jelly beans. :) Love ya and I love your BLOG site, it's great to keep up to speed this way.
Post a Comment