Monday, July 04, 2011

Happy Birthday to Elijah!

This year Elijah wanted to have a Star Wars Jedi party...so I went to work figuring out what we would do.

I found these inflatable light sabers at the party store-and they worked great!!! Each Jedi got one to use during the party and to take home.




This was the favor table.


During one of our Disneyland trips this winter my mom suggested I ask the food vendor that is by the Jedi Training area if I could buy a dozen of these boxes to use for the party. I decided it was worth it...so I went and asked-and they GAVE them to me! Perfect! So I came home with 15 of these boxes to put their party favors in. Inside each box was: a Star Wars Pez, Star Wars silly bands, three more of the name tags on the outside of the box and Star Wars fruit snacks.
Here is the link for the luggage tags from Living Locurto!


We had cupcakes.










Here are my Star Wars clan. Two Jedis and Princess Leia!





The birthday boy, ready for action!




A Pre-Party picture with our good friend Jenna. =)


Jenna's grandma made the girls' Leia dresses






The girlies.




Elijah wanted to do Jedi training...and so I recruited someone (who's name shall remain a secret) to be the Jedi Trainer. SOOO FUN!!! I found a Hans Solo outfit on clearance at the party store and he, well, agreed to wear it. He did a great job, and the kids LOVED it!





After Jedi Training we had lunch! My hubby worked hard the week before building these two picnic tables and putting up the umbrellas. They were PERFECT and have continued to serve our family throughout the summer!




Did I forget to mention that I made all of the Jedi Robes? Yep. I made them all. All 15 of them. Here is the link to the tutorial I used.




For food I got my ideas from Make and Takes.


This is the Joda Soda. =) 7-up with a scoop of lime sherbet inside.





Galactic Pizza, Go-gurt, and a Red light Saber (or, watermelon skewer)




Here is the Jedi Trainer and all of his Padiwans ;)




Another action shot.




After lunch we were greeted by the Dark Side (aka, my hubby). Each Jedi in training had a shot with Darth Vader...




And then there was a great battle between The Force and The Dark Side!





Inside opening presents.



It was a ton of fun planning for this party. A lot of work, but a ton of fun. And seeing the smile on Elijah's face made it that much more worth it!

No comments: