Saturday, February 07, 2009

Valentine's Day fun!

Here's your typical tissue paper heart. Do you remember making these when you were little?? I sure do. I loved making them! Since the kids are little we just had them crumble up little 2 inch squares of tissue paper. Then they glued them onto the hearts I drew. And now they are taped above our TV center. Elijah likes to look at them and is proud that he made them.




This is a cute little candle I made. Well...I didn't make the candle but I decorated it. At our first MOPS of January we made these types of candles. It was so easy! I loved the idea so I came home and made more! :) How do you do it? 1) get a candle 2)cut a piece of tissue paper the size of the outside of the candle 3) using any type of stamps & ink stamp your images onto the tissue paper-put a piece of paper underneath the tissue paper because it will go through 4) wrap the tissue paper around the candle 5) using an embossing heater heat the candle so that the wax melts just a tad...the tissue paper will "disappear" into the wax and all you will see is the image.



And here's our crayon shaving hearts that are hanging on our kitchen chandelier. This was mostly my project since it involved a hot iron. Click HERE to see how to make these.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Everything looks so cute!

Jennifer said...

Great job on all your valentines day crafts! You look great!

Jen

Brian, Emily, Violet, and Jack said...

You are so creative Trish! Those are all such fun ideas! I think the pretzels look delicious! By the way, I can send the food trays and cookbook for you to use for Ethan if you need them. Just let me know! :)