Sunday, December 23, 2007

Traditions! Traditions!

Here are a few pictures of what may become yearly holiday traditions in our household.




Friday night we decided to go to a living nativity at a local church. The church my family went to growing up always did a living nativity and fun crafts, etc for the kids. It was so much fun for me...one of the things I remember fondly. So...I looked online and found one! I called our friends, the Reeds, and we decided upon a place to meet up and caravan there! We gobbled up our dinner, packed everyone in the car and away we went! While there were no crafts or things for the kids...it was fun for them anyways. They loved the animals (there was a donkey and a calf) and just stood there watching the kids dressed as Mary and Joseph. Alia's friend Jenna wanted to sit down right next to them! It was cute.
Afterwards we went to Panera to have a treat. Alia and Jenna ended up getting some energy out by jumping around and singing Jingle Bells. Too cute!





The classic Christmas tradition...the gingerbread house. I wish that it told you on the box that it was going to take HOURS! We got Alia all excited when we were opening the box, then realized you have to let the sides of the house sit for an hour and then the roof has to sit for 3 hours so the frosting can dry. Well..after a day of drying Alia had a good time decorating it. I think Jason got a million new grey hairs because of it. So next year I'll be helping Alia and Elijah with the gingerbread house :) It's a pretty cute house though. Good job helping daddy!

No comments: