So the day started out okay...and then the afternoon came.
Right now I am sitting on the couch enjoying the few minutes of silence after both my children were screaming...that's the worst, when they both are crying. It makes you feel like such a bad mom. Alia and I had a hard afternoon. She wouldn't listen to anything I said, in fact, she mostly just ignored what I was saying. And, to top it off, she has taken up a new habit. What is it, you ask? She has begun to smack her brother. She will just go up to him and smack him, for no reason. She was doing it all day long. She knows that she's going to sit on the wall if she does it...but tonight I got fed up and put her to bed early. She didn't like that at all.
Elijah has had a hard time sleeping all day long. From noon until about 7pm he only slept about 30 minutes. He'd fall asleep in my arms, then when I put him down he'd wake up about 10 minutes later screaming. I finally swaddled him in this thing Jason bought and he cried for about 3 minutes, and then fell asleep. So far he's been asleep for 30 minutes.
Ugh...after today I just want to take a trip to Hawaii by myself for a long long time.
Monday, July 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
You are a great mom, Trish!! These "days" WILL come and go, but you being a GREAT MOM will ALWAYS be true...
Hey, I appreciate your honesty. Last night my little one did not want to go to sleep. She would nod off after feeding then wake back up when I tried to put her down. I was already exhausted and not coping too well, I think we were both crying at points. Seriously, a part of me just wanted to put her down and walk out of the room. I felt like such a bad person. At some point we both fell to sleep. Now it's a new day. Hurray!
Liz
Post a Comment