Saturday, June 18, 2005

Where did the year go?

So, Alia Ann Backlund came into this world one year ago yesterday. Yesterday was full of memories..."right now we went to the hospital for the first time", "now we were leaving the hospital", "now i was in a lot of pain", "now we were back at the hospital and i was in a TON of pain", "Yeah! Alia was born!!!".
Hard to believe that a year has gone by. It's been a year of amazing things...and challenging things. But, after the first few months, mostly amazing things. We no longer have a baby, but a toddler. *sigh*
I told Alia last night that I loved her more now than I did when she was born and that I'd love her more tomorrow than I do today.
I never knew this could really be true...but it is.
Parenting is a crazy thing.
Thanks, Alia, for making my life that much better! Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! One year old! Soooo BIG! Too cute!
Have a safe trip! Can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

hey trish and jason-
we are so glad to know that you are coming back to ca. i here you are coming to sac town for a visit and we would love to get together and introduce our daughter to you guys and would love to meet alia...she is adorable!! please let us know the dates you are coming and we will be sure to make a plan to see you guys.
luv,
kristi, nate and chloe