Well, I'm in the final waking hours of living life in Chicago. I must say, that while I am excited about what is next (not like I know what is next), I am also sad to say goodbye to what has been our life for the last three years. It's funny, we, as seminary spouses, complain about being here, and talk about the sacrifices we are making...and now that it's over, I find comfort in the sacrifices and all the little things I once complained about. God has truly been faithful to us in our time here. From providing us with GREAT friendships-ones that I have been praying for since I graduated from college, to providing us with an absolutely amazing little girl!
It's now with a sad heart that I say goodbye.
Goodbye Chicago, goodbye 3319 W Berwyn, goodbye creeking floors, goodbye loud door buzzer, goodbye be-loved Charlie, goodbye Foster Avenue, goodbye seminary, goodbye 92 bus line (and the 147 too!), goodbye NMFF, goobye CNADC, goodbye MIC, goodbye Jimmy John's, goodbye Touhy, goodbye cold cold winters (no boo hoo from me), goodbye Panera, goodbye Lake Shore Drive, goodbye Lake Michigan. Goodbye 5240 Sawyer, goodbye BBQs, goodbye Grace church.
The list could go on, but for your benefit..I will continue the goodbyes in my head. BUT, I will say, goodbye dear friends (you know who you are)...you have blessed my life immensley-you don't even know. You have loved, cried, laughed and lived life with me at all different stages. I weep because this is a goodbye...but know that friendships like the ones we have will not end, but only get better with time. I love you!
And with that I will give my final Blog from Chicago. Until we meet again from California.
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Trish! Jason!
It's good to see you three are thriving! We hope we get a chance to see you when you're in Sacramento. We'd love to meet Alia and for you to meet Chloe. Check out our blog http://bearcub.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you soon!
Post a Comment