Well, it's been about a month since I last posted anything. It's been a busy month full of lots of firsts: First shots (4 of them!! With tears from Alia AND mom), first bottle (taken beautifully), first plane ride (to Oregon-successful rides, I might say), first church conference (Covenant Women's Conference), first time meeting her 1st boyfriend and future husband (Jacob Quayle-5 1/2 months old), first time at the ocean (the North Pacific Ocean-off the coast of Bandon, OR-where my parents have a cabin), first real smiles at mom and dad (real, real cute...she now also smiles at other people), first time sleeping for a good 7 hours straight (mom and dad Praise Jesus for that one!), and there are probably more that I can't think of now. It's been a fun and crazy month...full of new things and tiredness.
As I was rocking Alia to sleep I began to think about the "circle of life" as they say. I was thinking about Alia and how helpless she is-really how dependent she is upon her mom and dad. She can't do anything herself (aside from crying and pooping)-she is completely counting on us to provide for her in every way. Then I began to think about what that does for me...causes me to become that dependent upon Jesus to help me and lead me on this journey of motherhood. Each day I wake up and look to Alia's maker for guidance on how to care for this little precious gift He has given to us. He knows best how to love and care for her...I just need to look to Him.
It's amazing how the dependency is passed on...Alia is dependent upon me, and I am dependent upon her creator...and mine.
Ah...the life lessons a 10 week old baby can teach us....
Tuesday, August 31, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
princess,
oh, what beautiful thoughts!
i love you.
mom
Post a Comment